At Robin Wellness Center, we have provided residents of Robbinsdale, MN, with natural and effective sports injury treatment for many years. Read on to learn more about common sports injuries and how we treat them.
Common Sports Injuries
There are various types of sports injuries. These injuries have different symptoms and complications. Let’s have a look at some of the common injuries that come from participating in sports and how chiropractic care can help treat those injuries.
- Sprains: These occur due to overstretching and tearing your ligaments. Ligaments are tissues that connect two bones. The ligaments in the ankle joint are especially vulnerable.
- Dislocations: An injury can result in a dislocation; this is where the bone pops out of its socket. The aftermath is pain and weakness.
- Swollen muscles: They occur after the injury. Swelling comes naturally, and it is usually followed by severe pain.
- Strains: Strain is a result of overstretching of the tendon, which are fibrous cords acting as a connection between bones and muscles. If you are experiencing muscle spasms, swelling, limited flexibility, and joint pain, that is likely the result of muscle strain.
- Knee injury: This is a common type of sports injury. It is usually an interference with the movement of the knee joint due to overstretching of the knee tissues.
- Rupture of the Achilles tendon: These tendons are found at the back of the ankle. If they break you will experience excruciating pain and difficulty in walking.
- Rotator cuff injury: The rotator cuff is formed by four muscles and allows the movement of the shoulder in different directions. If one of these muscles happens to break, the cuff will be weakened.
The best course of action for mild injuries is rest, compression, and elevation when applicable. If the injury is serious like some of those mentioned above, then chiropractic care may be your best solution. Chiropractic care is an excellent alternative to surgery or pain medication as it is all-natural and customized to meet your personal health goals.
Chiropractic Care in Robbinsdale, MN
Call Robin Wellness Center today at (763) 746-1244 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.